Website Vital Associates, Inc.
Nurse Assistant (CNA)
Major duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with (bathing, shaving, shampooing hair, skin, and mouth/oral care and hygiene to include dentures) for assigned patients according to defined procedure.
- Makes all types of beds and stretchers.
- Assists with the use of bedpans and urinals. Applies external catheters and maintains patency or drainage.
- Assists in providing ostomy care for established and uncomplicated ostomies.
- Prepares patient for exam and treatment by taking & recording vital signs and other necessary measurements and recording in patient record
- Documents pain scores as directed or reports to RN and/or LPN
- Turns patients as required using all types of supporting and comfort devices. Assists or provides patient transfers, activities, e.g., ambulation, litter, and or wheelchair to bed.
- Escorts patients to tests/procedures as needed.
- Assists in diagnostic examinations by positioning, draping, the patient and passing instruments and supplies.
- Takes and records temperatures, blood pressure, pulse, O2 saturation, pain, height, and weight.
- Collects and labels any urine, blood, stool, sputum, nasal swabs, nasal washing, and rectal swabs in the presence of the patient using two identifiers as per policy and delivers to the lab.
- Applies cold/heat packs locally as ordered; Applies and removes binders and bandages as ordered.
- Reports any changes in patient status to RN/LPN or Physician.
Conditions of Employment
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this job.
- All applicants tentatively selected for employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- You may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Subject to background/security investigation.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination.
- Participation in the seasonal influenza vaccination program is a requirement for all Health Care Personnel (HCP).
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Health Care Personnel (HCP) – See “Additional Information” below for details.
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens.
- English Language Proficiency. In accordance with 38 U.S.C. 7402(d), no person shall serve in direct patient care positions unless they are proficient in basic written and spoken English.
- Graduate of a school of professional nursing approved by the appropriate State-accrediting agency and accredited by one of the following accrediting bodies at the time the program was completed by the applicant: The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted registration as a graduate professional nurse in a State, Territory or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico) of the United States, or the District of Columbia.
- Minimum 2 years medical-surgical experience – PREFERRED
Geriatrics and Extended Care
- Minimum 2 years long term care or hospice experience – PREFERRED
(1) Knowledge of Current Practice. To be creditable, the experience must have required the use of knowledge, skills, and abilities associated with the current practice.
(2) Quality of Experience. To be creditable, NA experience must be documented on the application or resume and verified in an employment reference, or through other independent means.
(3) Part-Time Experience. Part-time experience as a NA is creditable according to its relationship to the full-time workweek. For example, a NA employed 20 hours a week, or on a 1/2-time basis, would receive 1 full-time workweek of credit for each 2 weeks of service.
GS-5 NA (Full Performance Level) Experience. One year of progressively responsible assignments and experience equivalent to the GS-4 level which demonstrates knowledge, skills, and abilities that are directly related to the specific assignment. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the professional KSAs in subparagraph (c) below;
Education. Successful completion of a 4-year course of study above high school leading to a bachelor’s degree that included 24 semester hours of courses related to health care or possession of a bachelor’s degree;
Demonstrated Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to assist in the full range of nursing care to patients/residents with physical and/or behavioral problems in a hospital, long term care or outpatient setting under the direction of a Registered Nurse and/or Licensed Vocational Nurse/Licensed Practical Nurse;
- Ability to communicate orally with patients/residents, families, interdisciplinary team and other personnel. This includes serving as a preceptor to new NAs by assisting with the coordination of their orientation and overseeing/assessing their practical experience while in a clinical setting;
- Ability to recognize and react to emergent patient/resident care situations and intervene while waiting for assistance. For example, recognizing need for basic life support, controlling bleeding and assisting with behavior crisis, etc.
Physical Requirements: The nursing assistant within all services may require shift work and or rotation of tour assignments. Routinely requires regular and recurring bending, stooping, walking, stretching, lifting, standing, and repositioning and transportation of patients or similar activities. Work requires the ability to physically intervene with disruptive patients and protect self and others from injury using the knowledge gained from ongoing training. This position will require the ability to work outside daily for duration of shift. Will need to follow facility guidelines for COVID-19 vaccination and influenza vaccination of employees.
IMPORTANT: A transcript must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org